Tata Motors launches Zest sedan in India with an aggressive price tag of Rs 4.64 lakhs
Tata Motors has finally launched the Zest sedan at a very aggressive price tag of Rs 4.64 lakhs for the base petrol variant and Rs 5.64 Lakhs for the base diesel variant. The Zest is Tata`s new product offering after a hiatus of 5 years and is all set to claim its position in the sub 4-metre compact sedan space.
The new compact sedan from Tata is based on the Manza platform but has been heavily re-engineered with inputs from ace Formula One driver Narain Kartikeyan for driving dynamics and improved ride and handling. The Zest from TATA motors showcases three key vectors – DesignNext, DriveNext, and ConnectNext to deliver comfort, space and an unparalleled driving experience in a stylish sedan.
The Zest will be available with an industry first best-in-class warranty of 3 years or 1 Lakh kms whichever is earlier, an AMC (Annual Maintenance Contract) of 3 years/ 45,000 Kms whichever is earlier and a free road-side assistance service for 3 years.
Key Highlights: –
- The Zest comes loaded with segment leading features.
- Available in 4 trims in Petrol and five trims in Diesel.
- Available in six exciting colours.
- Will be available for sale in over 470 Tata Motors sales outlets.
- Projector Headlights.
- DRLs (day time running lights).
- First diesel car in India to feature an AMT transmission.
- Three driving modes – City, Eco and Sport.
- 5” ConnectNext infotainment system by Harman.
- Advanced voice command recognition system to change tracks, make calls and control air-con.
The Zest will be available with two engines options, the all-new 1.2 T Revotron petrol engine which pumps out 90PS and 140Nm of torque mated to a five speed manual transmission. This engine features three driving modes (City, Eco and Sport) to provide best-in-class mileage and power delivery. The ARAI certified mileage figures for the 1.2 T Revotron is 17.6 km/l.
The diesel motor is the tried and tested 1.3 Quadrajet which is available in two states of tune – 90PS of power and 200Nm of torque / 75PS of power and 190Nm of torque.
Prices and Variants (ex-showroom, New Delhi)
Tata Zest Petrol Prices:
1.2 XE: Rs. 4.64 lakhs
1.2 XM: Rs. 5.25 lakhs
1.2 XMS: Rs. 5.43 lakhs
1.2 XT: Rs. 5.99 lakhs
Tata Zest Diesel Prices:
1.3 XE: Rs. 5.64 lakhs
1.3 XM: Rs. 6.27 lakhs
1.3 XMS: Rs. 6.45 lakhs
1.3 XMA (AMT): Rs. 6.99 lakhs
1.3 XT: Rs. 6.99 lakhs