Snapdeal Motors – New virtual showroom is now live
The latest automotive trend in India is the online retail space. With various companies making fortunes after selling products through e-commerce websites and mobile applications, car companies have also ventured to the online platform to sell their respective products.
Snapdeal has been retailing two-wheelers on its website for a while now and the company has already sold quite a few of them as well. Moving things further, the e-commerce giant has just launched an all-exclusive online platform for selling automobiles in sort of a virtual multi-brand showroom.
Called Snapdeal Motors, this platform has started off with existing partners like Hero Motocorp and Piaggio. However, more brands including the likes of Mahindra, Datsun and Suzuki are also expected to be a part of this grand project very soon.
Steps for booking vehicles on Snapdeal Motors is fairly simple:
• First the customer has to browse through all the models and their different variants.
• The customer then has to select the variant and colour.
• After choosing the vehicle, customers have to select the dealership according to proximity and estimated time of delivery.
• A nominal booking amount has to be paid next. In addition, Snapdeal Motors will also be commencing with a test drive at the customer’s choice of location and door step delivery.
• Financing options includes paying up-front at the dealership or by other attractive auto financing options.
• Loans can be approved within as much as just 2 minutes of the vehicle purchase.
Snapdeal is taking things further as it was the first e-commerce company to make automobiles available for purchasing through an online portal. Experiencing 20 times growth in the past one year, Snapdeal has managed to sell more than 3 lakh units. With more and more people opting to go the online way for purchasing vehicles, will this change the functioning of automotive dealerships in the future?