Renault Kwid – All that you need to know about the upcoming small car
Next big Renault product in the Indian automotive market, the Kwid looks set to take the country by storm. Its popularity is already off the charts and prospective customers are digging up all the details that they can find about the upcoming hatchback.
• The Renault Kwid looks more like a small-sized SUV rather than a hatch. This is mainly due to the fact that it is inspired by its elder brother, Duster. It has a macho styling and well-designed front and rear ends.
• The bold looks come with good road presence, which is impressive considering the fact that it will be priced from around Rs. 3.5 lakhs (ex-showroom) onwards.
• The cabin has a very youthful yet elegant appeal to it. One of the most impressive facts about the cabin of the top-end RXT trim is that it will come equipped with many segment first features including a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, fully-digital instrument cluster and more.
• The RXE and above variants will comes with a Bluetooth hands-free telephony compatibility along with the usual AUX and USB inputs. The audio system will also come with speed sensing volume operations.
• Seats of the RXL and RXT variants will be finished in black, grey and red coloured upholstery.
• The driver’s seat will have the option of being adjusted in 4 different ways for finding the most commanding driving position.
The hatchback will draw power from a newly developed three-cylinder 799cc petrol engine that will churn out 54 BHP of power and 72 Nm of torque. Having a class leading ground clearance of 180mm, the Renault Kwid will look like a small car on steroids. Other than that, the cabin does get many storage bins all around with a 300 litre boot that can be further extended up to 1115 litres when the rear seats are completely folded.