Maruti Suzuki’s upcoming launch attack – 6 new cars in 6 months
Maruti Suzuki is India`s undisputed car manufacturer with the highest car sales in the country. In order to beat market competition and to reinforce its leading position Maruti is preparing a massive new car onslaught, with 6 new launches within the next 6 months.
Let’s take a look at the upcoming cars from Maruti Suzuki:
The new Ciaz midsized sedan is Maruti’s new and truly premium C-segment offering replacing the SX4. It will launch in both diesel and petrol versions powered by a 1.4 litre diesel motor and a 1.4 litre petrol engine respectively. The Ciaz will offer best in class diesel mileage of 26.2kmpl. The sedan has already garnered 5,000 bookings.
- Expected Launch: first week of October 2014
- Expected Price: 7.2 to 10.5 lakh
- Rivals: new Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Volkswagen Vento, 2014 Ford Fiesta.
The compact sedan segment leader Swift Dzire will get a nice refresh with new headlamps, revised front bumper, LED DRLs and new alloy wheels. Some new interior features include new upholstery, keyless entry, pushbutton Start, etc.
- Expected Launch: Within December 2014
- Expected Price: Expect it to be priced at a slight premium over the current model
- Rivals: Hyundai Xcent, Honda Amaze, and Tata Zest
Maruti is playing a wait and watch game by teasing the new Swift facelift, which could also be the sportier Sport variant. If it is just a refresh then, the new Swift will get LED DRLs, redesigned bumpers, new alloy wheels and some new interior features, but the engine will remain the same. If Maruti introduces the Swift Sport, then apart from the new changes it will also get a more powerful engine, and it could also be offered with an automatic transmission.
- Expected Launch: October-November 2014
- Expected Price: Similar to the current model, Rs. 50-90 thousand dearer for the Sport variant
- Rivals: Hyundai Elite i20, Fiat Punto Evo and Volkswagen Polo
Alto Facelift (and AMT)
Maruti Alto or arguably the Alto 800 is getting a facelift. The car will get a new stylized front facia and an AMT gearbox.
- Expected Launch: Early 2015
- Expected Price: It would be priced at a slight premium over the outgoing model
- Competition: Hyundai Eon, Datsun Go, etc
The S-Cross is sold internationally and this is the same model that will be launched in India. It will be Maruti’s contender in the Indian SUV segment. The S-Cross is expected to be offered in petrol, diesel and CNG versions. It is expected to be powered by Ertiga’s motors and a powerful 1.6 litre Multijet diesel mill.
- Expected Launch: Early 2015
- Expected Price: 10 to 15 Lakhs
- Rivals: Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano, Mahindra Scorpio
The very popular Maruti Celerio will be launched in its diesel avatar though not with an AMT gearbox. The Celerio diesel will be powered by a new 800cc engine that will generate around 38 PS of power and will deliver a class leading mileage of 27 Km/pl.
- Expected Launch: March 2015
- Expected Price: 4 to 5 lakhs
- Rivals: Hyundai Grand i10, Tata Indica, etc.
As you can see, Maruti is all geared up to guard its throne and further boost its popularity in India. So which model are you waiting for? Share your thoughts by using the comments section below.