Mahindra TUV300: 8 things you need to know
The compact SUV space has been witnessing a huge demand with almost every auto manufacturer vying for a share in this highly competitive segment. The next product to be launched in this segment is Mahindra`s upcoming 7-seater compact SUV, the TUV300. Bookings for the vehicle have already started and interested customers can book the car for a sum of Rs. 20,000 at any of the Mahindra showrooms across the country. The Mahindra TUV300 will be launched in the country on September 10, 2015 and will directly compete with the likes of the popular Ford Ecosport.
Here are a few key facts you need to know about this forthcoming sub 4-metre SUV from Mahindra:
1) The TUV300 is a 7-seater compact SUV which can seat five passengers in comfort, while the third row jump seats will be able to accommodate only small kids.
2) The vehicle gets a Jeep inspired front grille, rectangular headlights and chrome inserts for the fog lamps.
3) Underpinning the TUV300 SUV is an all-new ladder-on-frame chassis, while its design is inspired from a battle tank.
4) It gets a new engine which is based on the mHawk engine family called the mHawk80. An AMT gearbox will also be offered as an option.
5) The company claims that it is a proper SUV, though it won`t be offered in 4-wheel drive guise.
6) The car will be offered in three variants namely – T4, T6 and T8.
7) The interiors of the Mahindra TUV300 will feature a two-tone colour scheme (black& beige).
8) The small SUV from Mahindra will be available in a choice of six colours namely – Black, Red, Silver, Blue, White and Orange.