Hyundai i20 Active Crossover launched at INR 6.38 Lakhs
To fill the newly discovered space between hatchbacks and compact SUVs in the country, Hyundai, the South Korean automaker, launched its first crossover the i20 Active in the Indian market.
Like the trend goes, Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai launch new products every now and then. Based on the success story of the i20 hatchback, the company launched the new i20 Active Crossover based on the former’s engine and underpinnings, but comes loaded with new upgrades and features to justify the crossover tag. Hyundai has gone ahead and priced the crossover between Rs. 6.39 lakhs to Rs. 8.89 lakhs (both prices, Ex-Showroom, New Delhi). The Crossover is available in both petrol and diesel engines.
Let’s take a look at the additional features and upgrades, which the new i20 gets over the hatchback model.
• Sharing the same mill from the hatchback model, the crossover is powered by a 1.2-liter petrol churning out 82 bhp and 114 NM of torque. The 1.4-liter diesel engine, on the other hand, churns around 89 bhp and 220 NM of torque.
• Upgraded gear ratios for better torque output: 11% on the petrol and 6% on the diesel mill.
• Significant changes include stiffer suspension setup for better handling, ground clearance increased to 190mm.
• Updated torque output leads to better fuel efficiency: 17.19 km/l on the petrol variant and 21.19 km/l on the diesel version.
• Additional black body cladding along the front and sides with silver finished skid plates.
• New Alloy Wheels and roof rails added.
• Larger fog lights at the front as compared to the one seen on the hatch model.
• Projector headlamps, integrated LED daytime running lights added into the headlight cluster.
• New reflectors and reverse parking sensors along the rear bumper.
• Added appeal with the new optional orange and blue inserts on the dashboard and gear knob.
• Seats finished with orange inserts like the i20 sold in international markets.
• New silver finished pedals.
• Interesting features similar to hatchback model are: cornering lights, automatic headlamps and a cooled glove box
• The top end trims with range topping features will be available with the diesel version and not petrol variant.
Riding on the popularity and success of the i20 hatchback, Hyundai`s new crossover, has all the ingredients to make it a sure shot winner. Being competitively priced, the Hyundai i20 Active is going to join the bandwagon of crossovers like Fiat Avventura, Toyota Etios Cross, VW Cross Polo and the Ford EcoSport.
Hyundai i20 Active Price in India (Ex-Showroom, New Delhi)
i20 Active 1.2 Petrol—Rs. 6,38,586
i20 Active 1.2 S Petrol—Rs. 7,09,735
i20 Active 1.4 Diesel—Rs.7, 63,228
i20 Active 1.4 S Diesel – Rs. 8,34,337
i20 Active 1.4 SX Diesel—Rs. 8,89,427
i20 Active Image gallery –