Hyundai Creta SUV launched in India; Prices start from Rs. 8.59 lakhs
The compact SUV from Hyundai’s stable has finally made its debut in the Indian market at an introductory price tag of Rs. 8.59 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). Having the company’s impressive design language, good quality materials and a feature rich cabin, the Hyundai Creta has become the segment’s first diesel automatic compact SUV.
Based on the company’s Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design philosophy, the Creta is a very good looking vehicle with three massive chrome slats on the front grille and unique vertically stacked fog lights. The headlamps look very striking and have a projector setup, LED position lamps and static bending lights. The side profile also looks very good with the signature black plastic cladding that an SUV generally gets. Other elements include roof rails, LED turn indicators and 17-inch diamond cut alloy wheels. The rear end also looks well designed, complementing the front end.
Getting a dual-tone setup, the interiors are quite familiar as they feature on other Hyundai vehicles like the Elantra sedan. Having ample legroom all around, the instrument cluster gets a big MID unit which displays a lot of information. Front and rear armrests, 60:40 split rear seat, push-button start, automatic climate control, multi-function steering wheel, electric ORVMs, a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, Bluetooth, USB, AUX and 1 GB storage are some of the features offered on the Creta SUV.
The Sports Utility Vehicle comes with three engine options that are mentioned below with their fuel efficiency figures:
• 1.6-litre Dual VTVT petrol (15.29 km/l)– 123 PS (6400 RPM) and 151 Nm (4850 RPM)
• 1.4-litre CRDi diesel (21.38 km/l) – 90 PS (4000 RPM) and 220 Nm (1500-2750 RPM)
• 1.6-litre CRDi VGT diesel (19.67 km/l for manual and 17.01 km/l for the automatic) – 128 PS (4000 RPM) and 260 Nm (1900-2750 RPM)
Power is channelized to the front wheels through a 6-speed manual transmission with the top-end 1.6-litre diesel trim getting a 6-speed automatic as well.
The Creta is a very safe car featuring six airbags, ESC, ABS with EBD, Hill Assist Control, VSM and a reverse parking camera. ABS with EBD is standard on all variants. The vehicle is available in six trim levels namely; L, S, S+, SX, SX+ and SX (O), and seven colour options. The prices (ex-showroom, Delhi) of all variants are as follows:
Hyundai Creta Petrol Variants
• L (1.6-litre petrol) – Rs. 8,59,558/-
• S (1.6-litre petrol) – Rs. 9,57,062/-
• SX+ (1.6-litre petrol) – Rs. 11,19,548/-
Hyundai Creta Diesel Variants
• L (1.4-litre diesel) – Rs. 9,46,939/-
• S (1.4-litre diesel) – Rs. 10,42,225/-
• S+ (1.4-litre diesel) – Rs. 11,45,030/-
• SX (1.6-litre diesel) – Rs. 11,59,971/-
• SX+ (1.6-litre diesel) – Rs. 12,67,770/-
• SX (O) (1.6-litre diesel) – Rs. 13,60,156/-
• SX AT (1.6-litre diesel) – Rs. 13,57,770/-