Menu

Hero Motocorp, Magneti Marelli JV begins production of Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system

Hero Motocorp, Magneti Marelli JV begins production of Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) system

In the year 2013, Hero MotoCorp and Magneti Marelli India joined hands to jointly manufacture EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) systems for its motorcycles, has now started producing them in India. The manufacturing hub is situated at Manesar in Harayana.

This setup (Production and Development Centre of HMC-MM Auto) will make Hero, the first Indian company to have this system on its own in its product line. In addition to the EFI systems, the newly inaugurated facility of the JV is going to produce immobilizers, flexi fuel, multi-fuel management and traction control system as well.

Hero HX250R Wallpaper

Hero HX250R (Image credit : MotorBeam)

Hero MotoCorp`s mass market products which includes scooters could make use of the low cost EFI system which is compact and light in weight. Along with this, as per plans, the upcoming Hero HX250R and its automatic scooter, Zir could also come equipped with the new EFI system.

While HMCL holds majority of stake of almost 60 percent in HMC-MM Auto Ltd, Magneti Marelli holds the rest of the 40 percent. For the latter, this JV is very crucial as joining hands with the Market leader “Hero”, they have the possibility of bringing a technological revolution in India in one of the most important two-wheeler market in the world aiming at providing better mobility, great market results, new innovations, better quality and utmost affordability.

As per Magneti Marelli’s Chief Executive Officer, Eugenio Razelli, this JV is going to be very productive, as it will become a perfect example of co-operation for technical and mobility evolution. With this, the HMC-MM Auto Ltd will also provide many advantages to the engines by building Electronic Fuel injection systems (EFI) which are cost effective.

Moreover, its competitor, Robert Bosch is also working on one similar strategy to get a low cost two- wheeler EFI system for the Asian markets to make India as its primary production base and e-Clutch systems mainly for its cars, which are simpler and more affordable ones than the AMT.