BMW Added new Petrol Variants to its X3 and X5 Models in India
BMW India recently added new Petrol variants to their X3 and X5 SUV models. The X3 gets a new 2-liter petrol engine with the xDrive28i variant and is priced at Rs 54.9 lakh, while its elder sibling – the X5 gets a bigger 3 liter petrol engine with the xDrive35i variant and is priced at Rs 73.5 Lakh (ex-Showroom, Delhi).
The X3’s 2-liter turbo petrol engine is capable of producing 245 BHP of power and 350 Nm of torque. While the 3-Liter straight-6 Turbo Petrol engine in the X5 pumps out 302 BHP of power and a hefty 400 Nm of torque. Both X3 and X5 have the same 8-speed steptronic transmission seen on various other models from BMW in India. Even the 0-100 KMPH sprint time of the xDrive 28i and the xDrive35i is the same at 6.5 seconds flat.
The equipment list on the X3 includes-
- Stability Control
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- Parking Sensors with Reversing Camera
- iDrive Infotainment System with Navigation and 205 Watt Hi-Fi Stereo System
The Equipment list on the X5 includes-
- Adaptive LED and Projector Headlamps
- iDrive Infotainment System with Navigation and 600 Watt Harman–Kardan Music System
- Security Features like Airbags, Traction Control and Stability Control
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Launch Control
The BMW X3 xDrive28i directly rivals the Mercedes GLE 300 and the Land Rover Discovery Sport while the BMW X5 xDrive35i rivals the GLE400.